JATL ANNUAL ESSAY COMPETITION 2017: LAW AND WAR
The UQ Justice and the Law Society (JATL) is excited to announce it’s second annual Essay Competition ‘Law and War’.
This year’s competition will explore the law of and relating to conflict, and the ways in which it shapes international and domestic policy, both in historical and contemporary perspectives. Possible areas of law include International Humanitarian and Human Rights Law, Arms Trade and Weapons Regulation, International Criminal Law, Refugee Law, Administrative Law, and Constitutional Law.
If you have any concerns regarding whether your essay topic is appropriate please email us at email@example.com.
Deadline: 11th of August, 9pm.
First Prize: $400 | One complimentary ticket to the JATL Annual Professional Breakfast, where Pandora’s Box will be launched | Publication in JATL’s annual academic journal, Pandora’s Box.
Second Prize: $200 | Publication on JATL's Pandora's Blog
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Students must be enrolled in an Australian LLB program.
- All entries must be submitted in both a Microsoft WORD and PDF format.
- Word Length: 1,500 - 5,000 words. Referencing such as footnotes and bibliography are not included in the word limit.
- Referencing must comply with the Australian Guide to Legal Citation (AGLC) 3rd Edition.
- Jointly authored papers will be accepted and the prize money will be split between the contributors.
- Students may submit past assessment items.
- Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 11th of August at 9pm. Extensions will only be granted on medical grounds and if the extension does not disrupt the judging process.
- The decision of the judging panel is final.
- Along with their article, students must submit the following: i) Their full name ii) The name of their university iii) Their student number iv) Their email and phone number v) Their essay’s title and a brief summary of their submission.
- The winner and runner-up will be notified via email by mid-September.
- Prizes will be awarded at JATL’s annual professional breakfast in October.