Pandora's Box 2010: Dissenting Opinions
In our 2012 edition, Pandora’s Box got political! In the pages herein you’ll find articles, interviews and book reviews about the history and future of the referendum; about political finance law and potential reforms; about the High Court’s Mabo judgment and the native title system; about Australia’s first female High Court Justice and how she viewed the law as a tool for achieving social justice; about deliberative democracy and the rule of law; and much, much more.
Please click here to view the 2010 edition of Pandora's Box
The 2010 contributors for Pandora's Box include:
- - An Interview with Professor George Williams (on the history and future of the referendum)
- - Ms Pamela Burton (on former HCA Justice Gaudron's life and her impact on the law).
- - Dr Bryan Keon-Cohen AM QC (counsel in Mabo (No 2) - on native title law after 20 years since Mabo).
- - Dr Ron Levy (of Griffith University - on deliberate democratic reform proposals for our constitutional system).
- - Andrew Fraser (the former Deputy Premier and Treasurer of Queensland - reflections on a public life).
- - Professor Charles Sampford (of Griffith University - to former Governor-General and UQ Vice-Chancellor Sir Zelman Cowen).
- - Professor Graeme Orr (UQ - on the law of politics).
- - Dr Joo-Cheong Tham (Melbourne - on money in politics).
- - Ms Laura Hilly (a current Rhodes Scholar - on the Rule of Law).