Pandora's Box 2014: Law, Liberties and Rights
In 2014, the theme of Pandora's Box was 'Law, liberties and rights'.
Please click here to view the 2014 edition of Pandora's Box
The 2014 contributors for Pandoras's Box include:
- Foreword by Walter Sofronoff QC (Qld Bar)
- An interview with Peter Callaghan SC on civil liberties in Queensland (Qld Bar)
- Professor Steven Freeland on 'Outer Space, Technology and Warfare' (UWS)
- Professor James Allan on 'Bills of Rights in Australia' (UQ)
- Associate Professor Anna High on 'Challenges & Prospects in Chinese Divorce Law' (Marquette-Oxon)
- An interview with Dr Rebecca Ananian-Welsh on constitutional issues and rights (UQ)
- Mandy Lim, Rebecca Chong and Dr Mark Burdon on 'Tower Dumps, Information Privacy and Warrant Access' (UQ)
- Dan Rogers on 'G20; Police Powers and Dissent' (UQ)
- Joseph Lelliott on 'the Apprehension and Return of Unaccompanied Minors from Central America' (UQ)
- An interview with Dr Jonathan Fulcher on Native Title Law (Hopgoodganim Lawyers)
- Dr Jo Bird on 'human rights work on the US-Mexico Border' (UniSA)
- Book Review by William Isdale on Professor James Allan's 'Democracy in Decline' (UQ)
About the Editors
Alasdair McCallum is in his final semester of a dual law and arts degree at the University of Queensland. He is a past editor of Pandora’s Box (2014). He describes his time doing volunteer legal work as his most fulfilling experience while at university, and has also worked in the commercial sector.
Tristan Pagliano studies law at the University of Queensland. He is presently working as a Law Clerk at a local firm and expects to graduate in July 2015. He is a past editor of Pandora’s Box (2014) and is currently a Committee Member.